Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Trailer Park Tuesday: The Crown by Nancy Bilyeau


Welcome to Trailer Park Tuesday, a showcase of new book trailers and, in a few cases, previews of book-related movies. Unless their last name is Grisham or King, authors will probably never see their trailers on the big screen at the local cineplex. And that's a shame because a lot of hard work goes into producing these short marriages between book and video. So, if you like what you see, please spread the word and help these videos go viral.



Simple but effective, the video for Nancy Bilyeau's Tudor-era thriller does what it needs to do: it intrigues.  The short trailer for The Crown won't bog you down with plot or characters--which may or may not be a drawback, depending on what you need as a reader shopping around for the next book to devour.  I do like the chanting monks, the subtle heartbeat on the soundtrack and the bloody kersplat of that crown image.  If I didn't already have the novel queued up on my Kindle, I'd be adding it to my shopping cart.

1 comment:

  1. I also found this one of the better trailers. Who doesn't feel the resonance of Gregorian chant? It's a video rich with promise. I'm reviewing the book, along with an interview with the author on my blog tomorrow! I enjoyed visiting your site. Must come back for more...
    Deborah/TheBookishDame

    ReplyDelete