Sunday, September 30, 2012

The New York Times Book Review Applauds Fobbit


In case you didn't already see the skywriting, social media boasting, the David Abrams Jumbotron feed, or hear the marching band I hired to play outside your bedroom window, here's the latest news:

Fobbit is reviewed in today's New York Times Book Review.

Let me say that again: my debut novel, a trade paperback original, is reviewed in the Sunday New York Times Book Review.  I never thought I'd type those words in that exact sequence, but here we are, in the Land of Dreams Fulfilled.

Here's the money quote from the review by Christian Bauman:
I applaud David Abrams for sticking to his vision and writing the satire he wanted to write instead of adding to the crowded shelf of war memoirs. In Fobbit, he has written a very funny book, as funny, disturbing, heartbreaking and ridiculous as war itself.
Click here to read the full review


My e-friend MJ just sent this photo to me, proving it's REALLY REAL

3 comments:

  1. I'm betting that coffee tastes especially good this morning, David...

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happily Obligatory: WOO! Home state represent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, David, you must be over the moon. I'm so happy for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete