Thursday, January 31, 2013

On the Road Again


After taking a breather from the flurry of bookstore readings and literary festival appearances last Fall, I'll be heading back out on the road for another round of events in support of Fobbit and Fire and Forget: Short Stories from the Long War, the anthology of short stories about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan coming from Da Capo Press.  I haven't said too much about Fire and Forget here at the blog (I'll have a longer post about it in the future), but I urge you to pre-order it or request it at your local bookstore.  The official publication date is Feb. 12 and it features stories by Siobhan Fallon, Colby Buzzell, Brian Turner, Matt Gallagher and other military veterans (including yours truly).

Here are some of my confirmed appearances between now and the beginning of summer.  If you're near any of these locations, I hope to see you out there in the audience.  (Note to my friends in the Northeast: sadly, no, I'm still not coming to the Washington, DC or NYC areas.  Bummer.)

Bozeman, MT
March 3 at 7 pm
Reading from Fire and Forget at The Country Bookshelf


Deer Lodge, MT
March 8 at 7 pm
Reading from Fobbit at the Kohrs Memorial Library


Missoula, MT
March 9 at 2 pm
Reading from Fire and Forget at Fact and Fiction


Portland, OR
March 20 at 7:30 pm
Reading from Fire and Forget at Powell's with Roy Scranton and Gavin Kovite


Seattle, WA
March 21 at 7 pm
Reading from Fire and Forget at Elliott Bay Books with Roy Scranton and Gavin Kovite


Clemson, SC
April 5 at 5 pm
Clemson Literary Festival
Reading from Fobbit at Tiger Town Tavern (368 College Ave), along with authors Eduardo C. Corral, Charles McLeod, Bonnie Nadzam, and Ariana Reines.


Bozeman, MT
April 10 at 6 pm
Reading from Fobbit at MSU's SOB Barn


Little Rock, AR
April 18-21 (Day/time TBD)
Arkansas Literary Festival


Coos Bay, OR
May 13-14
The Coos Bay Library has generously selected Fobbit as a community-wide read.  I'll be making appearances at several locations around town, reading from the novel and talking about my war experience.


Ketchum, ID
May 16 (Time TBD)
Reading from Fobbit at The Community Library


One final note: if you are part of a book club, university class, or other literary-type organization, I'm always happy to Skype with your group.  Just drop me a line and we'll work something out.


No comments:

Post a Comment