Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Sentence: Recipes for a Beautiful Life by Rebecca Barry


Simply put, the best sentence(s) I’ve read this past week, presented out of context and without commentary.


Meanwhile last night I dreamt that I lived in a house that had been literally built on a lawn, meaning the floors were all green grass, and I was standing in the middle of my living room, looking around thinking, Great, now someone is going to have to mow these damn floors.

Recipes for a Beautiful Life: A Memoir in Stories by Rebecca Barry

Bonus Sentence! From later in the book:

It was a cloudy day, but the best thing about living here [upstate New York] in the fall is that even on a gray day the scenery is luminous, maybe even more luminous with that steely background, and things like a black bird on a branch of orange sumac in front of a bright green pasture seem like miracles.


No comments:

Post a Comment