Friday, December 27, 2013

Looking Ahead to 2014: 20 From the To-Be-Read Pile


Yesterday, I told you where I've been; today, it's a look ahead to books which will be published in the next twelve months.  Here are 20 books from the To-Be-Read pile which have my undivided interest.  Bear in mind the ever-towering, always-growing TBR stack also includes dozens of titles from 2013 which I haven't yet found time to read.  So, will I actually be able to read all of the following books in 2014?  Weatherman says, fair to partly cloudy.  Another note: I'm only including those books which I actually have in my possession (e-galleys and advance reading copies); there are plenty of other books on the horizon which will undoubtedly be added to the stack once I get my hands on them.

And now, without further ado, here are the 2014 books which have bubbled to the top of the TBR pile, in approximate order of their release:



Praying Drunk by Kyle Minor


The Secret of Raven Point by Jennifer Vanderbes


The Swan Gondola by Timothy Schaffert


The Bear by Claire Cameron


Blood Will Out by Walter Kirn


Redeployment by Phil Klay


Byrd by Kim Church


Be Safe I Love You by Cara Hoffman


Acts of God by Ellen Gilchrist


Updike by Adam Begley




The Last Kind Words Saloon by Larry McMurtry






All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr


Between Wrecks by George Singleton


Wynne’s War by Aaron Gwyn




We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas



2 comments:

  1. Hey, David, I'm three books ahead of you! (Can't say that about your 2013 list...) I adored Timothy Schaffert's SWAN GONDOLA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am jealous, you have a great selection there!

    ReplyDelete