Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fobbit for your ears (and other related miscellany)


Thanks to Tantor Audio, Fobbit will soon be burrowing into your head through your ear canals.  Ladies and gentlemen.....


Tantor selected a wonderful narrator, David Drummond, and I'm very excited to hear his interpretation of the novel.  He and I talked on the phone this morning to discuss some of the particulars of pronunciation and voice characterization.  Apart from having a short essay of mine read on Montana Public Radio's Reflections West program, I've never heard anyone else read my words.  And now Mr. Drummond, God bless him, is going to tackle all 97,000 of them in Fobbit.  According to the Fobbit page at Tantor, the CDs (clocking in at 11-1/2 hours) should be available sometime in September.  But you're allowed to pre-order them now, of course.

Even puppies like listening to Fobbit!

In other Fobbity news:

1.  I'm pleased to announce that the book has been chosen as an Indie Next pick for September (it's not listed on the IndieBound website yet, but it will be sometime in the near future).  Huge thanks and a big Bob-Eubanks-Newlywed-Game air kiss (mmwah!) to all those independent booksellers who nominated me for the honor.

2.  Goodreads is currently hosting a giveaway for advance reading copies of FobbitClick here to visit the novel's Goodreads page, then click the Enter to Win button.  My publisher has very generously donated 75 copies to the contest, so the odds are in your favor.

3.  I still have a stack of postcards for anyone who wants to be part of the Fobbit "street team."  If you'd like to distribute the cards around your community to booksellers, librarians, book clubs, community bulletin boards in laundromats, grocery stores, military barracks or wherever you think people would be interested in hearing about the book, then feel free to email me.  Let me know how many postcards you'd like, give me your mailing address, and I'll send them to you posthaste.  The cards can also be used as bookmarks, coasters, or--in a pinch--signalling devices if you're ever stranded on a desert isle.


No comments:

Post a Comment