Sunday, July 8, 2012

Is your pen quivering? I'm looking for contributors to the blog


As subscribers to the Quivering Pen newsletter* already know, things will probably get a little sparse around here in a couple of months, content at the blog thinning out as I go full-frontal Fobbit.  To that end, I'm putting out a call for guest book reviews.  If you or someone you know would like to contribute a review to The Quivering Pen, I'll be happy to consider it for publication.  Sadly, I can't pay you for your efforts--but hey, you get the everlasting glory of internet fame, right?

Please pitch titles to me at david.abrams@gmail.com and I'll try to respond as quickly as I can.  Or query me for a list of Books-I've-Been-Hoping-To-Read-But-Now-Realize-It'll-Be-Months-Before-I-Can-Even-Think-About-Pulling-It-Out-Of-The-TBR-Pile.  You can click the reviews tag to get a good idea of the kinds of books I review.  But in general, I'm open to most new releases in literary fiction, poetry and--to a smaller degree--non-fiction like biography/memoir and history.  I'm dealing with the age-old bibliophile's problem: Too many books, too little time.  My thanks to anyone who can help unbury me from the deluge of new releases.



In addition, if you are a published author (or about to be one soon), I'm always looking for contributions to the My First Time feature.  Feel free to write to me at that same email address and I'll send a copy of the submission guidelines.


*If you aren't already subscribing to the weekly newsletter, what are you waiting for?  Click here to sign up.


No comments:

Post a Comment